Have a question? Send us a message for any query related to any of the competitions. We will get back to you with a response within 24 hours.
Please check the FAQ section thoroughly. Chances are, your question may already have been answered.
- How do I participate?
You need to Register for the competition and follow all the relevant guidelines, and important dates mentioned on the site here.
- Is this competition open for Students / Professionals? What if I am part-time studying and part-time working?
The competition has two separate categories – Students and Professionals. Be sure to select the appropriate category while filling the registration form. If you are a part-time student and part-time working professional, you will qualify under the student category.
Participants must share a online link to their work in the registration form to be selected for the competition. Only the best of the best will be selected and pitted against each other for the competition.
- What software and or hardware will I need to use?
Good old notepad and pen should be enough. Some blank sheets & pencil in case you are supporting your story with some drawings.
- When will the theme of the competition be announced? Will I be intimated by email about the same?
There is no theme as such for the story.
- What are the timings of the Competition?
Story Writing Competition competition will be begin on Saturday, May 13 Saturday at 8:00 AM. Check in will start at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 AM.
- I submitted my Registration before the deadline. Can I re-submit if I want to?
Yes, you can. Finalists will be shortlisted post the registration deadline on May 5, 2017.
- Will food, arrangements to rest, other material be provided for the competition?
Yes we would provide food, arrangements to relax/rest and other material required for the competition.
- Is it an individual or a team event?
Since the story conceived also needs to be represented visually with the help of storyboard panels which requires a diverse set of expertise, we see it as a team competition and you can tag along your partner who can complement your skills.
- What could be the size of the team?
A maximum of 3 individuals can form 1 team. Super-humans who can handle the writing and be drawing both can participate alone as well.
- What is expected from the teams?
The teams are expected to conceive a short story specifically written for animation within the given set of rules and parameters. It will be a 24-hour competition. Within the 24 hours, the teams are expected to write the story and draw storyboard panels. The story and the drawings must be submitted before the cut-off time. After which, each team will get a chance to pin their storyboards on a given wall and every team will get 4 minutes to pitch their story to the jury members.
- What if the story is great but the drawings aren’t?
Don’t worry. Both will be seen separately and will not occlude each other.
- What is the benchmark for storyboard drawings?
As long as they are helping in pitching the story to the jury, we are ok even with the scribbles. Drawings are not going to take away from the merit of the idea.
- What is this Competition NOT?
It is not a test of creative-writing skills like it is typically seen. As long as you can conceive a wonderful story that can be adapted for an animated short film and are able to pitch it with the help of storyboards, you are good.
- I have a question that I need an answer to. Where can I ask?
Please Click here to send us a message for any query related to Competitions. Consider allowing a day for your queries to be answered. Also, be sure to go through the FAQ thoroughly, chances are your question has already been answered.
- You can go ahead and Register here.